3D level art team leader
The Team Leader should be able to successfully manage day–to-day art production of all artists in his team, providing clear guidance and instructions and promptly communicating information from Art Director or Art Producer to all team members; take all necessary initiatives in problem solving and potential risks identification; follow production schedule providing art deliveries on time and on quality.
The Team Leader works in pair with Lead Artist who is specifically focused on quality of art work, and report to Art Director for Art Work and to Producer for scheduling, resource and delivery issues. Team Leader cooperates with Lead Artist in order to guarantee successful and smooth accomplishment of the project. In case of disagreement they should try to resolve it through friendly discussion.
• Review the client’s package with Art Director to check if there are any problems with reference materials or requirements
• Ensure all artists understand art requirements and specific needs of the project
• Cooperate with Art Director and Producer to composite the team and estimate the time for project
• In the briefing meeting, check with the Artist whether or not they are ready to use the tools by reviewing a sample asset together and asking some specific questions
• Check daily work according to this schedule and tell Producer about the risks and propose solutions
• Perform daily checks of every artist progress in order to find and eliminate any possible problems as soon as possible
• Prepare all assets for Art Director review either on his computer or on artists’ computers when the artist finishes important WIP (working in process) stage, eg. creating and integrating architectures, props, materials, lights and atmosphere and other elements in the level follow art direction.
• Ensure that the Artist knows the client’s feedback perfectly and check whether the Artist is able to implement the feedback
• Evaluate the art team performance
• A minimum of 4 years full-cycle console game experience in creating and integrating architectures, props, materials, lights and atmosphere and other elements in the level.
• Two or more published games in a Level Artist role.
• Ability to show examples of top notch props and textures made for next gen console games
• Work well in a large team environment, be proactive, and have excellent communication skills.
• Master level experience creating clean and efficient models with proper UV layouts inside Autodesk Maya.
• Master level experience using Adobe Photoshop to create photorealistic textures for next gen materials based on concepts and/or photo reference.
• Zbrush experience for high-res sculpting and transferring of material maps to in-game mesh.
• Deep understanding of next gen materials and shader and is able to achieve the desired surface qualities needed across a variety of environment assets.
• Skilled at balancing art quality and performance in the game engine.
• A passion for making great games.
A CAREER AT VIRTUOS
Virtuos is the number one choice for talent in the digital entertainment industry in China, provinding our employees an opportunity to work on the biggest games and movies in the world.