A natural leader who is surefire with his directive, surefooted at fire-fighting, and incessant with preaching best practices at the job. His directorship always end with his team delivering tour de force results, making the client satisfied beyond expectation, making the Artists feel proud of their own work.
He is a firm believer with leading from the front, challenging the wrong for the right, and seeing through a good cause no matter the hardship. An amicable personality that clicks with every one of every disciplines to become another valuable linchpin to our solid foundational structure. If all these sound suspiciously like you then please write us immediately as we’ve the team, the projects and the environ to keep you growing from strength-to-strength at what you do best!
- Manage a team or teams of Junior and Senior Artists of various ranks on a wide spectrum of projects including AAA, VR/AR, Mobile titles
- Manage communication with the team and clients on artistic and technical matters
- Establish and or improve Art production pipeline in coordination with other disciplines and clients
- Eagle eye QC at ensuring deliverables are of expectant artistic and technical standards
- Effective writer and speaker at briefing, critiquing, discussion, reportage and problem solving
- Instilling best practices in the team through mentoring and experience sharing
- Advocating game-developer mind-set in the team beyond mastery of artistic and technical subjects
- Fostering positivity and team spirit for building up a strongly bound and cohesive team
- Identifying and nurturing new or sprouting talents, participating in recruitment and planning for expansion and personnel career growth
- Excellent experience in one or more mainstream 3D packages (Maya, 3Ds Max, Photoshop, Zbrush, Substance Painter/Designer, etc.) and well versed in creating and optimizing art pipelines
- Strong aptitude in multiple traditional artistic disciplines to complement directorial credibility
- Highly organized individual with experience in managing teams of creative minds and effective at collaborating with other disciplines
- Passionate about game development and exercises game sensibility when making artistic decisions
- Persuasive leadership at enforcing directive and in steering the team to achieving expectant standards
- In sync with current demands and with the foresight into future trends and emerging technologies
- Bachelor degree in Arts, Graphic Design or related major preferred but outstanding portfolios and a proven industry record will also be considered
- At least 10 years’ experience with various game styles including AAA titles across major platforms and a proven project completion record
- At least 4 years’ experience as a Senior Artist, Lead Artist or Art Team Leader and a proven record of supervising a team to greater competency and efficiency
- Good working knowledge in English is a must and bilingual in Mandarin Chinese is an advantage
Please apply via [email protected](Chengdu)
A CAREER AT VIRTUOS
Virtuos is the number one choice for talent in the digital entertainment industry in China, provinding our employees an opportunity to work on the biggest games and movies in the world.