Virtuos Europe is looking for a Senior Programmer capable to work on multiple projects over different consoles. In our office based near Paris (Cergy), You responsible of profiling and optimizing game engine for high end video games. You will need to support worldwide team to improve the gaming experience.
Virtuos Group is the first independent games developer in China and is working with the most prestigious publishers in the world.
• Collaborating with technical leads to elaborate the development strategy.
• Performing miscellaneous engine feature developments on both console runtime and tool parts according to needs.
• Supporting the Chinese team to solve its critical issues by analyzing the trouble, studying state-of-the-art and providing them with an adequate solution.
• Analyzing and operating in a large code base to debug and track performance and memory issues.
• Ensuring that the quality of the work is up to standard.
• Reporting your work and delivering your results in time, along with adequate documentation when required.
• Minimum 2-year experience as C++ programmer in the video game industry
• Proficient programming in C++ and OOD/OOP skills
• Excellent understanding of the impact of code on performance and memory
• Experience in one of the following fields: memory management, serializing, streaming or rendering.
• Ability to work as a team / good interpersonal skills / autonomous and resourcefulness
• Good working knowledge of English is a must.
• Position based near Paris.
Some extra knowledge will be considered as advantage over the position:
• Knowledge of Unreal Engine
• Experience with physical-based lighting
• Experience with Xbox One or Playstation 4
• Experience in writing tools for authoring pipelines and build/debug pipelines (C++, C#/.NET)
• Experience in low-level engine programming
A CAREER AT VIRTUOS
Virtuos is the number one choice for talent in the digital entertainment industry in China, provinding our employees an opportunity to work on the biggest games and movies in the world.