lead level designer
ambitious Playstation4, Xbox One and PC games. This is a full time position based in our office near Paris which involve working in an international environment.
As Lead Level Designer, you will create then manage a team of experts in level design and gameplay experience. You will oversee the design of all environment content and ensure that the gameplay within it reflects the vision of the game and exploits its mechanics.
The incumbent will be expected to possess an excellent knowledge of the game industry, great communication skills and an ability to motivate the team.
• Demonstrate deep understanding of level design, environments and a solid understanding of a wide variety of game types
• Take responsibility and ownership for providing high level direction and guidance on all level and mission design
• Develop missions and levels according to the global vision of the game, the characters’ type and the games’ objective
• Produce documentation and design to define to the team the goals and experience of the games levels
• Suggest creative new ideas and concepts
• Evolve departmental processes and encourages team work and communication
• Able to use a wide variety of tools to quickly prototype and deliver early mission designs and examples of environments
• Manage / mentor other Level Designers
• Previous experience in level design roles (shipped at least 1 successful console game in this position).
• Capacity to understand creative direction of the game and extend it inside level creation
• Comfortable working within a fast moving, multi-disciplinary team
• Experience in Action / Adventure genre
• Experience of using 3D level editors and scripting systems
(Unreal Engine 3 or 4 is a plus).
• Passionate about games, art, design and a keen eye for detail
• Ability to work with remote team.
• Good working knowledge of English
A CAREER AT VIRTUOS
Virtuos is the number one choice for talent in the digital entertainment industry in China, provinding our employees an opportunity to work on the biggest games and movies in the world.