ambitious Playstation4, Xbox One and PC games. This is a full time position based in our office near Paris which involve working in an international environment.
As Lead Level Designer, you will create then manage a team of experts in level design and gameplay experience. You will oversee the design of all environment content and ensure that the gameplay within it reflects the vision of the game and exploits its mechanics.
The incumbent will be expected to possess an excellent knowledge of the game industry, great communication skills and an ability to motivate the team.
– Collaborate with the Game design team and lead level designer on the definition and feasibility of the missions;
– Work with the level design team on the balance and progression of the game;
– Take full ownership of several levels, from 3D prototype to scripting and tuning;
– Finally, you will work together with the QA to ensure the stability of the levels;
– Very good knowledge of 3D tools;
– Ability to work in an international environment, and to integrate quickly to the team;
– Extremely curious about various level editors, tries the latest Console/PC/Mobile games and their editors;
– Passion for games on various platforms;
– Very good knowledge of scripting languages;
– Broad knowledge of different entertainment mediums (books, movies…), and capacity to recreate similar experience in game;
– +3 years experience in Level Design;
– Released at least 1 title in Level design position (PC, console or mobile);
– Used to collaborating closely with programmers and artists;
– Have experience or a strong interest in working overseas is preferred;
– Workable English;
A CAREER AT VIRTUOS
Virtuos is the number one choice for talent in the digital entertainment industry in China, provinding our employees an opportunity to work on the biggest games and movies in the world.