Senior Level Artist
The ideal candidate has a strong technical understanding of environment asset and level creation, can communicate with other disciplines within the development team and is able to take creative direction from the Art Director and Creative Director. Mentor less experienced members of their team and assist their Lead Artist with managerial tasks if required
- Create, edit, optimize realistic 3D environments
- Create structures, terrain, props from photo reference and concepts
- Partner with design team to support encounters, narrative elements and objectives
- Provide artistic guidance and internal artists
- Expert knowledge in a 3D modeling software such as Maya or 3DSMax
- Strong sense of scene composition
- Through understanding of how environments affect gameplay
- Superior eye for lighting, color and detail
- Work within the technical limitations of a variety of game engines
- Create high quality textures in Substance and Photoshop
- Ability to find solutions from a visual, production and technical perspective
- Passion for pushing asset fidelity and refining production techniques
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative
- Strong planning and prioritization skills
Experience preferred --- 5+ years
As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test. Apply with a resume and a portfolio or show reel.
Please send us your CV via [email protected](Shanghai).
A CAREER AT VIRTUOS
Virtuos is the number one choice for talent in the digital entertainment industry in China, provinding our employees an opportunity to work on the biggest games and movies in the world.