Senior Lighting Artist
- Work with Art Director, Environment Artists, and Technical Artist to create lighting for all aspects of the game including cinematic.
- Creation of pre-baked and real-time lighting via proprietary software.
- Create textures and Shader [Physically based rendering] for modulating lights using available graphic applications.
- Managing lighting performance and placement using propriety scripting.
- Solving technical issues that arise with new tools or game performance.
- least 2 to 3 years of next-gen lighting experience on console hardware (360, PS3).
- Experience with Unreal engines
- Experience with and a good working knowledge of creating lighting within a pre-baked light map pipeline.
- Experience with and a good working knowledge of creating lighting within the physically based rendering pipeline
- Ability to follow design reference and ability to work with a wide range of styles
- Understanding of composition and the ability to enhance mood by lighting.
- Excellent working knowledge of Unreal 4, Unreal 3, Maya/Max and Photoshop
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with both Artists and Programmers in a large team.
- Work samples must show excellent real-time lighting made for next generation console games.
- Working knowledge of industry standard rendering programs .
- Experience with one or more scripting/programming languages.
- Knowledge of color theory and strong sense of light and shadow.
- Film/TV experience is a plus.
Please apply via [email protected](Shanghai and Global)
A CAREER AT VIRTUOS
Virtuos is the number one choice for talent in the digital entertainment industry in China, provinding our employees an opportunity to work on the biggest games and movies in the world.