Senior Technical Artist
We are looking for a senior level technical artist to support our Gen4 projects.
The ideal candidate has worked for a few years and has developed a solid understanding about the workflows required to create assets for it. You will need to be proficient with applications like Photoshop, Maya or 3D Studio Max. You need to be comfortable in working independently and pro-actively when troubleshooting, researching new workflows and producing content such as shaders. As a senior level employee you hold yourself and those you work with to high standards – you are not afraid to identify problems and help solving them!
You will be part of a versatile and experienced tech-art team, working with the latest engine and console technology. You will interact with artists, designers and programmers, and help them to solve specific problems. You embrace learning new things and have an active interest in expanding your own and the team’s horizon!
- Material creation and refinement.
- Daily support for Art and Tech teams.
- Problem solving for key production issues.
- Recognizing inefficiencies and pipeline issues and identifies solutions.
- Enabling other team members to achieve tasks in an efficient & consistent manner.
- Developing tools & scripts for 3rd party software (Max, Photoshop) and in-house tools.
- Creation & maintenance of documentation for Technical Art features and tools to provide for the team.
- Liaise between Art and Engine programming teams on a daily basis to facilitate production needs.
- Regularly profile scenes and highlight/address issues with relevant individuals.
- 3+ years games industry experience, having worked on at least one shipped AAA title.
- Understanding of physically based rendering (PBR), lighting and shading.
- Experience in creating shaders.
- Solid understanding of optimization techniques.
- Knowledge of 3dsmax or Maya and Photoshop toolsets.
- Able to troubleshoot day-to-day art production issues.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbally.
- Strong problem solving and trouble-shooting skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, work well with teams from various disciplines.
- English language skills are required.
- Console or mobile development experience is a plus.
- Understanding of 3D Math functions (linear algebra & vector maths) for real time graphics.
- Scripting experience, e.g. Python, MEL, Max Script is a plus.
- HLSL experience is a plus.
- Experience with middleware such as SpeedTree, Simplygon, FaceFX, Allegorithmic Substance, etc. is a plus.
- Experience with profiling tools such as PIX.
A portfolio is required for this position. There is no specific format, but it has to be representative, showing your skills and experience. When submitting individual pieces scripts, images or videos, you must submit a document explaining your contribution and the nature of the piece, e.g. title, software used, professional or personal work, purpose of the script, etc.
Please send us your CV via [email protected](Shanghai).
A CAREER AT VIRTUOS
Virtuos is the number one choice for talent in the digital entertainment industry in China, provinding our employees an opportunity to work on the biggest games and movies in the world.